Our school is a community with students from a wide variety of backgrounds, cultures and religions united by a common aim – the formation of young adults able to participate fully in the academic, social, cultural and economic life of the greater community.
St. Gerard’s School seeks to enable each young person to realise their full potential as a unique individual by providing an educational environment which:
- Promotes academic excellence through the provision of a broad and dynamic curriculum.
- Instils a love of learning and an appreciation and enthusiasm for the world beyond the classroom - in particular promoting excellence in sport, music and the performing and visual arts.
- Sustains a happy, secure and encouraging environment in which all members of the school community flourish and are nurtured and valued.
- Supports pupils in Catholic faith formation while welcoming pupils of other faiths and none.
- Fosters Christian values of kindness, honesty, integrity, self-discipline and self-esteem as well as positive relationships characterised by dignity, respect, equality and care and concern for others.
- Encourages a keen sense of social awareness and sustainable care for the environment.
Overall, St. Gerard’s School seeks to develop educated, resilient, thinking and caring individuals with the self-confidence to act and make decisions which will enrich their lives and contribute to the lives of others.
In a rapidly changing, diverse, and multi-cultural society, St. Gerard’s will:
- Remain at the forefront of international best practice in education from early childhood to Leaving Certificate by adopting a dynamic and innovative approach.
- Be at the cutting edge of co-educational, holistic, inclusive and Catholic educational thought and practice.
- Demonstrate commitment to social justice as a faith-based school.
- Equip and empower young people to become innovators, leaders, advocates, critical thinkers and compassionate citizens of the world.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Commitment to Academic Excellence - a culture of achievement, in an inclusive educational environment.
- Commitment to Holistic, All-round Development - a balanced and broad curriculum which supports each student to reach their full potential.
- A Caring, Inclusive Catholic Education - which encompasses faith formation, respect for diversity and a commitment to social justice.
- The Importance of Community - a partnership approach between parents, pupils, staff and the local community.
- The Dignity of the Person - respect for each individual member of the school community.
- Futures Oriented - rooted in tradition but with a focus on innovative practice.
To achieve our vision of an education of excellence, the School is currently engaged in the formulation of a Strategic Plan which will guide the development of the School to 2030.
Following extensive consultation, it is hoped to publish the Strategic Plan at the start of the academic year 2023/2024.