St. Gerard’s is not just a school – it is a stimulating and vibrant community. A sense of family and belonging prevail across the whole campus from Montessori to Leaving Certificate and, on a daily basis, parents, teachers and pupils experience the warm, happy and inspiring atmosphere which is the hallmark of our school.
Entry to St. Gerard’s Junior School and Montessori Department is subject to an interview with the Headmistress and the availability of places. The right of admission to the Junior School rests ultimately with the Headmistress acting on behalf of the Board.
- Siblings: While there is no automatic entry for siblings, entry to the Junior School is the norm for siblings of children already attending St. Gerard's School.
- External Applicants: External applicants will be considered for entry to all classes as and if vacancies arise. Special consideration is given to children of past pupils.
- Gender Mix: The School's aim is to ensure an acceptable gender mix as far as is possible.
- Senior School: For pupils from the Junior School, entry to the Senior School is the norm, but is conditional on the recommendation of the Headmistress of the Junior School and the agreement of the Headmaster of the Senior School.
- Applications: A cut-off date, after which applications will not be considered, may apply.
- Should you be interested in your child attending St. Gerard’s Junior School or our Montessori please complete an Application Form (available online).
- Following receipt of an application form, we invite you to make an appointment to come and visit the school - where you will get a real sense of the St. Gerard’s educational and values in action.
Queries on admissions to St. Gerard’s Junior School should be directed to Ms. Stephanie Nicholson, Junior School Secretary, at 01-2393445.