The St. Gerard’s School Parents’ Association was established on the 10th of November 2005 to provide a forum for the third branch of the School Community – the Parents.
- The Parents' Association represents Parents in both Junior and Senior School. Parents are automatically members of the Parents' Association and parents are encouraged to become actively involved in the Parents' Association Committee, which represents their interests.
- The St. Gerard's Parents' Association works with the School Principals and the Board of Directors to encourage effective partnerships between home and school which helps to facilitate a supportive learning environment for pupils.
A forum for parents ideas and suggestions
Parents' Association Committee
Parents' Association Committee Members are elected each year at the AGM which is held in September/October. The members then elect officers for Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer and Communications Officer at the first official meeting together.
|Parents' Association Committee Members 2023-2024
The Parents' Association is involved in many areas of school life and key roles include:
- Facilitating ease of communication between school management and parents with the School Principals always attending meetings of the Association.
- Inviting speakers to address parents on topical interests of relevance such as managing the emotional wellbeing of students, mental health issues, appropriate internet usage, cyber bullying and general health and wellbeing.
- Annual social events such as The Winter Ball, Golf Outing, Family Tennis etc. Many of these events have a significant charitable fundraising aspect to them.
- Donations to School initiatives such as library books for the Junior And Senior School Libraries, Sports Day prizes, sponsoring sports jerseys, piano, foil blankets etc.
- Arranging Art and Literary competitions for students.
- Organising annual mock interview careers mornings for our 5th year students.
- Issuing regular Newsletters to parents.
Should new parents wish to know more about the Parents' Association they are invited to contact a committee member or [email protected]